Full terms and conditions available on request. Contact us on: 0161 620 2029.
Sagittarius products are all tested before despatch and a 10 year guarantee covers any defect in manufacture. Chromium plate finishes also carry a 10 year guarantee. As gold finishes are softer, special care must be taken when cleaning and a 1 year guarantee is given.
1. The Supplier warrants that goods sold shall: (a) conform in all material respects with their description; (b) be free from material defects in design, materials and workmanship.
2. Subject to 3 and 4 below, if: (a) the Customer gives notice in writing to the Supplier within a reasonable time of discovery that some or all of the goods purchased do not comply with the warranty set out in 1 above; (b) the Customer supplies the Supplier with a copy of the invoice for the relevant goods; (c) the Supplier is given a reasonable opportunity of examining such goods; and (d) the Customer allows the Supplier to collect such goods during the Supplier’s normal business hours, the Supplier shall, at its option, repair or replace any defective goods supplied or refund the price of the defective goods in full at the price paid for such goods by the Customer.
3. The remedy detailed in 2 above shall only be available to the Customer if the defect in question shall have: (a) been apparent on inspection of the goods on delivery where the defect relates to serviceable or moving parts, including, without limitation, valves, washers and slide brackets; (b) appeared within 10 years from the date on which the goods are deemed to have been delivered to the Customer where the defect is a casting or manufacturing defect or a chrome plating or nickel finish defect; or (c) appeared within 12 months from the date on which the
goods are deemed to have been delivered to the Customer where the defect is a gold plating defect or relates to anything not covered under 3(a) or 3(b) above.
4. The Supplier shall not be liable for failure of any goods to comply with the warranty set out in 1 above in any of the following events: (a) the Customer makes any further use of such goods after giving notice in accordance with 2 above; (b) the Customer alters or repairs such goods (or attempts so to do) without the prior written consent of the Supplier; (c) the goods are fitted by any person who is not a plumber registered with The Chartered Institute of Plumbing and Heating Engineers or The Institute of Plumbing; (d) the defect arises because the Customer failed to follow the Supplier’s oral or written instructions as to the storage, commissioning, installation, use and maintenance of the goods or (if there are none) good trade practice regarding the same; (e) where the defect relates to the finishing of the goods, if it arises as a result of the Customer using anything other than water and a soft cloth to clean the goods;(f) the goods in question have not been serviced and maintained properly and in accordance with the Supplier’s recommendations and/or have been fitted with any parts, components or accessories that have not
been manufactured or recommended by the Supplier; (g) the defect arises as a result of fair wear and tear, wilful damage, negligence, or abnormal storage or working conditions; or (h) the goods differ from their description as a result of changes made to ensure they comply with applicable statutory or regulatory requirements.
5. Where the Customer claims or proposes to make a claim against the Supplier for making good any damage or loss caused by or claimed to be caused by defective goods the Customer shall not remedy (either itself or via a third party) or make any attempt to remedy such damage or loss so caused or claimed to be caused unless the Supplier has given prior authorisation.
6. Except as provided in this clause 6, the Supplier shall have no liability to the Customer in respect of the goods’ failure to comply with the warranty set out in 1 above.
7. The terms implied by sections 13 to 15 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 are, to the fullest extent permitted by law, excluded from the Contract.
8. This warranty shall apply to any repaired or replacement goods supplied by the Supplier. In the interest of continual design, development and product improvement we reserve the right to amend or adjust specifications at any time. Where an identical product is no longer available we will supply the nearest equivalent from our then current range. This warranty does not extend to any item rendered defective by faulty installation, inappropriate use and accidental damage after purchase, nor does it cover normal wear and tear.
Please find below a breakdown of what products and parts are covered by what period of guarantee. All technical support related queries will require the original purchase invoice number.
10 Year Guarantee
Bathroom Taps – Kitchen Taps & Shower Valves – All bathroom taps in both deck and wall mounted designs. All shower valves in exposed and concealed designs. The 10 year guarantee on these products covers manufacturing defects such as casting faults or chromium plating issues (Excludes Moving-serviceable parts). Chromium plating guarantee is void if any household cleaners or
harsh abrasives are used. We recommend only warm water and a soft cloth for cleaning both Chrome and Gold finishes.
Fixed Head Kits – Our fixed head shower kits carry a 10 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues.
Rigid Riser Kits – Rigid riser kits carry a 10 year guarantee against manufacturing fault and chromium plating issues.
Diverter sections are classed as moving-serviceable parts and have a 3 year guarantee.
Shower Hoses and Handsets are also classed as moving-serviceable parts and are restricted to a one year guarantee.
Grab Bars – Shower seats – All grab bars and shower seats have a 10 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues.
Showering additions – On all shower additions which come under the following categories: Ceiling Arms, Bath Mounted Handset Kits (Excluding Hoses) Isolating-Non return valves, Ancillary Items & Body Jets. We offer a 10 year guarantee against manufacturing defects.
Wall Spouts – All wall spouts have a 10 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues.
3 Year Guarantee
Infra Red Mixers – Infra Red mixers have a 3 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues.
Slide Rail Kits – Our Slide rail kits carry a 3 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues.
Hoses, Handsets & Slider brackets are classed as moving-serviceable parts and have a restriction to a one year guarantee.
Trigger Spray Sets – We offer a 3 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues.
Hoses are classed as moving-serviceable parts and have a restriction to a one year guarantee.
All Wastes including Bottle traps – We offer a 3 year guarantee against manufacturing fault or chromium plating issues. Chromium plating guarantee is void if any household cleaners or
harsh abrasives are used.
Serviceable Parts – We offer a three year guarantee on all thermostatic cartridges, ceramic disc valves and any other operational valves such as diverters an on-off valves against
manufacturing failure. We will replace any failed parts if the cause of failure is down to manufacturing. If the cause of failure is due to poor maintenance or neglect, then replacement parts can be purchased to remedy any issues.
1 Year Guarantee
Gold Plating – The gold plating finish on our brassware is a specialised finish and in view of this we offer a 1 year guarantee on the finish* Gold plating guarantee is void if any household cleaners or harsh abrasives are used. Only warm water and a soft cloth should be used after every use to maintain the gold finish.
Accessories – We offer a one year guarantee on the following ranges of accessories: Siena, Torino, Madison & Rimini.
Soap Dispensers – All soap dispensers have a one year guarantee.
Shower Accessories & Storage Baskets – All wire storage baskets & accessories have a one year guarantee.
Freestanding Accessories – All freestanding accessories have a one year guarantee.
Handsets – Single & Multi mode handsets are classed as movingserviceable parts and have a restriction to a one year guarantee.
Shower Hoses – Shower hoses are classed as moving-serviceable parts and have a restriction to a one year guarantee.
The reference to “Manufacturing fault” is when a product incurs a casting fault causing a product to leak or fail, or the Chromium finish develops an issue. Serviceable-Moving parts are also covered but these parts will only be considered once the Sagittarius Technical department has been contacted and they have approved the parts under warranty. Sagittarius Limited will replace free of charge any product or part they deem to be a manufacturing defect. They will however NOT be liable for any plumbing costs incurred whether under warranty or not. If however a product reported as faulty to the technical or sales team, if there is evidence of neglect by way of condition-appearance then we reserve the right to rescind the warranty coverage if applicable.